Tires have had significant importance in our everyday life and the advancement in technology is a clear justification of it. This article would help you make the right choice for your Subaru Forester and don’t waste your money trying every other brand.
We’ll focus on both seasonal as well as all-terrain tires. So, let’s get started!
What should you be looking for in a Subaru Forester Tires – Buyers Guideline
If you own a Subaru Forester, you’d already know that the vehicle works best with the right tires running it. The best kind of tires that are usually used in Subaru is based on the company’s recommendations.
Since there is no clear recommendation regarding the Forester, you have a handful of options you can choose from. I say handful only because there aren’t many options you have when it comes to quality.
What are you looking for in a tire? Quality, Tread wear, warranty, and strength. These are the main criteria based upon which you are going to decide on the tire. With so many options, you’d surely be confused.
So, let’s have a look at what are the best possible options for your Forester both in all-season as well as all-terrain category.
When considering the different tire choices, you must consider the season in which you are supposed to use those tires.
Now we all know that you can’t wear simple tires during heavy off-roading because that would simply spoil the trip and it’d definitely be hard for you to control your Subaru.
To overcome such barriers, you need to make the right choice for all-season tires so that you don’t have to hassle much about changing tires every season.
Crossovers like Subaru Forester require these specialized tires to work effectively in all seasons. Either it is too hot, cold or the terrain is varying you wouldn’t worry about the condition of tires and your safety running with those tires.
Let’s go ahead and see the list for the best choices you have in the all-season category:
1. Goodyear ASSURANCE MAXLIFE All-Season:
First on this list is the most famous Goodyear tires that are generally known for their improved traction and stability that include multiple treads as well.
These specialized tires are a really good bargain for you because this is rated more than 4.5 stars on the official Goodyear website.
The effectiveness of this tire is known to all because of its cost as well. It starts at a mid-range cost of about $79 that makes it a viable option to choose for your Forester.
Understandably, you’d consider other factors as well but it is quite effective with its long tread design and matches the different terrains under multiple weather conditions.
- Long treadwear design that is effective in better traction
- Can be used in all seasons in different conditions such as wet, cold, and snowy conditions
- Reduced sound during the drive due to the optimized tread pattern
- Comes with a replacement limited warranty
- Some reviews complain about tread life which is slightly lower than its competitors
2. Continental TrueContact Tour Radial Tire:
Continental tires are a major name in the automobile tire industry due to their highly positive reviews and the quality of their products.
Some factors that make this tire one of the best choices for you include the Total Confidence Plan warranty that ensures you the best feedback from manufacturers.
Replacement could ensure that if you have any issues in the working of the tire, you can easily request the company and they’ll ease your stress by providing you a new tire as a replacement.
Sure, you’d want to consider other reasons why to choose this tire for your Forester, so let’s weigh it in. The main selling point for the tire is its warranty availability and you are likely to consider it as a major bargain considering the price and positive reviews.
- Includes treads that ensure road safety and allow traveling on different terrains
- Tread Wearout coverage in the warranty plan
- Flat Tire assistance available in case of emergencies
- Sometimes tire balancing issues emerge
3. Michelin Defender LTX M/S:
Third on the list is the most famous company Michelin that has a major name for itself in the automobile tire industry. This is mainly due to the quality and the variety that is offered by the company.
If you’re thinking about good tires, then you often come across Michelin as a viable option for you to choose because of its effectiveness.
The Defender LTX version of the tire is possibly the best option for you as an all-season tire for your Forester.
If you want to improve your traction and your driving experience, then these defender tires can surely serve the best purpose for you. The effectiveness of these wheels would help your Forester in better power delivery as well.
You could improve your comfort and improve your fuel economy as well because it lets you optimize your traveling while driving.
Judging by the reviews, you wouldn’t be disappointed by your choice of these tires.
- It provides more tread life, company claims to be more than 10% of normal
- It works both in wet and snowy conditions for shorter braking distances
- Offers Maxtouch Construction that saves up to 65 gallons of fuel
- Due to solidity, often requires wheel balancing
4. General Altimax RT43
When talking about the best tire choices, you surely don’t want to ignore General Tires because of their stature and the quality of the products they make.
You would want the best for your Forester when you are looking to adapt to the different tire choices so the best option available to you would list down the options of including General Tires.
The Altimax RT43 packs a lot of power and resistance to ragged situations.
This collection of all-season tires would improve the way you drive your vehicle and provide you with the required traction for your journey. Gone are the days when you had to worry about the issues in road grip when sudden braking.
The modern tread design helps you in achieving more stability than you imagine.
- It offers lower surface abrasion technology
- Offers services for tire replacement in emergencies
- Anti-Slip design technology offers the best traction
- Could compromise on comfort because the tires are quite solid
5. Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S
Last all-season option on our list is a tire by Pirelli, a manufacturer that has gained its expertise in the line of effective product development.
The treads on these tires could improve the way you improvise on the available options for tires.
General trends indicate that most tires require more wheel balance and wheel control. But these are quite flexible in the way that you don’t necessarily need these balancing or replacements.
You must consider this model otherwise you’d only be missing out on a perfect opportunity to get the best tires for your Forester.
With these wheels, you’ll probably feel like your traveling through the clouds because of the comfort that they offer.
- Wider options for tire sizes and product range
- Offers Run Flat and PNCS options as features
- Strong internal tread technology
- Not up to the mark when your Forester is in sports mode
If you’re an adventurer, then you surely know about the significance of all-terrain tires.
The rugged terrains on which the adventurers are seen to be running their cars or bikes just to get a taste of the risk involved in rough driving.
You see different jeeps, SUVs, and other offroad bikes to climb inclinations and steep terrains, you wonder how on earth are they able to achieve such a feat.
You ask yourself if I was driving that car I’d surely end up dead or in a vegetative state.
Well, most of the skill needed in off-roading is of the driver controlling the vehicle but the tires are the game changers in such situations.
Because of the road grip and the traction that is offered by the All-Terrain tires, these adventurers do not end up dead somewhere.
So, if you are an adventurer or aspire to be one in your Subaru Forester then you’ve come to the right place.
You must consider the choices available for all-terrain conditions because you’d find the 5 best options available to you for such adventures. Let’s have a look at the top picks:
6. BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Making the first spot in this list, you’d surely want to consider this tire from Goodrich because of the serrated shoulder design it has.
Apart from it being in the all-terrain category, it also provides you with the comfort and the assist in suspension to help you through your journey.
The smart design is what you are looking for when choosing a good All-Terrain tire so this is surely one of the best options you have.
The guarantee that the company offers is considered to be one of the most effective reasons why you must choose this tire for your Forester.
Functional and Satisfaction guarantees are something you would certainly want when buying these tires and you wouldn’t be wrong if you made this choice.
- Has a good rating for snow severity
- It offers 60-day satisfaction and 50,000 miles of replacement guarantee
- Wear on tire treads is often observed more in dry conditions
7. Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015
In the automobile industry, Yokohama has made a major name for itself because of the larger product name. This multinational firm is a sponsor of major franchises and this is why it has a very good reputation in terms of branding.
Yokohama’s Geolandar tires are considered one of the best tires that Yokohama offers for all-terrain conditions.
The wear and tear suffered from the usage are quite minimal in snowy conditions where slipping is a major problem.
So, if you want your Forester to not skid around in the snow and kill you in the process, then go ahead and choose this.
- A multi-functional tire with both on and off-road applications
- Features some proprietary polymers that provide more strength to the tire
- Has circumferential grooves to regulate the flow of water
- Cost is a major issue which is quite high in this case
8. Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
If you’re looking to run your Forester through multiple terrains on a single adventure trip then this wild peak would serve just right for you.
Choosing the right tire in mixed situations, you must consider the quality of the tires and Falken provides you with the opportunity to claim a warranty if something goes bad.
So don’t worry about your new tires failing to function properly in snowy or wet conditions because the latest tread design improves your traction.
If you are looking for any better options for crossover tires then these would prove to be quite effective.
- Durable 2-ply polyester construction to help in strength
- USTMA’s Severe Snow Rating approves the tire’s capabilities
- Lifetime tread life warranty up to 65,000 miles
- Can be noisy and cause issues in case of dry conditions
9. Open Country A/T III
This is a company that is not very significant in terms of its overall dominance in the automobile tire market. You might not have heard much about it but you are sure to consider this tire as an option because of the excellence it provides in performance.
If you’re looking for a great crossover tire that helps in both on and offroad conditions then this country tire is one of the best options for you.
The advanced tread design and the strength capabilities of the tire make it such a good bargain in the price range.
- These are quite cost-effective and offer better traction controls
- Is qualified for severe snow conditions and slippage
- The evenly distributed void area between treads
- Can be noisy and cause issues in ride comfort because of the tread design
10. NITTO – TERRA GRAPPLER G2
The final tire on our list is from the company NITTO that isn’t quite known for its marketing and advertisements.
These A-quality traction-based tires would be the best choice for you in both on and offroad conditions because of the advanced tread designs.
The tires also has a treadwear guarantee that ensures tire replacement if the wear is shown on the treads before 50,000 miles.
The treads pack some multi-shaped elements that help in better accommodation of the safety standards and effective performance for optimal operations
- It has certifications for use in heavy snowy conditions
- Includes coupling joints that provide it with the mobility as well as the strength to overcome impacts in rough terrains
- Design aesthetics are quite appealing which is a buying factor
- It has a lot of noise problems during heavy operations
- In dry conditions, the tire can show a lot of wear
The right tire choice mainly depends on the application you are using the tires for and your choice needs to be governed by the factors mentioned in the article.
Hopefully, this article would help you in making the right choice for your Forester because we all know that we love our cars, and making the right choices for their functioning would make the car love you as well!